Alumna Profile: Leslie Pike
1. How long were you homeschooled through Seton, and what did you like about the experience?
I was homeschooled for grades K-11. I liked the flexibility of homeschooling, I liked not being around crowds perpetually, I liked that I was being challenged to grow intellectually.
2. Where did you go to college, and what is your degree?
Western Kentucky University, Chemistry
3. How did your Seton education help you navigate the college experience?
Seton taught me how to plan my time and not procrastinate–two big issues that most freshmen struggle mightily with!
4. What are you doing now?
Finishing up my chemistry degree and working on my pharmacy school application. I’m currently employed by WKU as a lab TA.
5. What gives you passion or motivation in your current occupation?
I love chemistry, and I want to be a respected professional.
6. Any advice for current Seton High-Schoolers?
Hang in there! High school feels long, but there IS a light at the end of that tunnel. Don’t stress about college decisions, it’s more important THAT you get a degree and not WHERE you got your degree. Don’t stress about boyfriends or girlfriends, school is your priority right now.