Student Profile: Emily Sanderlin
1. What makes your family unique to other families you know?
My family lives to laugh. We retell stories of our adventures and misadventures so much that one would think they would get old, but they only grow funnier.
We can find humor in the most ordinary daily encounters. I think that this humor keeps us strong and together.
2. What is an average homeschooling day with Seton like for you?
I always begin with prayers. It is ridiculous to think I can even try to achieve anything without first invoking aid from my Heavenly Father.
Usually I work longer and harder on a different subject each day–so I have a kind of “subject of the day” system.
3. What’s something you have done that you really enjoyed doing?
I got to go to Disney World for the first time with my friends that are also homeschooled. I surprised them by showing up in Orlando when their dad when to meet them!
It was so fun to see them all, experience Disney with them, and stay with them in their camper!
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
I really like to sketch and draw, particularly people or fashions. I taught myself to knit and crochet. I love acting and dancing.
I am super excited because I am going to major in dance performance at college and perhaps double major with theatre.
5. What are some things you do as a family and on your own that you particularly enjoy?
My family loves going swimming. We love going to rivers, beaches, pools, and anywhere we can get wet! I like roller-skating m on our porch and pretending I’m a figure skater. Hahaha.
6. What do you hope to do in the future?
I hope to become a professional dancer and choreographer.
I want to produce a five-act ballet based upon the joyful mysteries of the Rosary.