Student Profile: Marie Valdovinos
1. What makes your family unique to other families you know?
During the school year, my siblings and I typically attend daily Mass on most weekdays (with my Mom’s help !)
2. What is an average homeschooling day with Seton like for you?
Throughout my senior year I usually wake up around 7am, went to 8am mass, came home around 8:30 or 9am, then started hitting the books for about five hours, not including a short lunch break. On days with lighter workloads, I usually only worked three to four hours and then took an hour for my audition practice.
3. What’s something you have done that you really enjoyed doing?
Throughout my whole senior year I was able to learn and practice several vocal pieces in preparation for my college music auditions. This summer I was also fortunate to get a job at Chipotle, which I look forward to each day.
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
My interests include singing musical theater repertoire, playing the piano, listening to movie soundtracks, sketching, and reading the classics.
5. What are some things you do as a family and on your own that you particularly enjoy?
I love playing basketball (or more like, trying to play basketball) with my dad and brothers on weekends; I also enjoy attacking new baking projects or jotting down short story concepts or poetry I come up with at random.
6. What do you hope to do in the future?
I can see myself either as a private voice teacher or a music manager for a records company. It’s my secondary dream to be a restaurant manager.