Student Profile: Martha Anderson
1. What makes your family unique to other families you know?
Our family loves to travel, including taking trips to Hawaii, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Oregon, California, and much of the US.
2. What is an average homeschooling day with Seton like for you?
My day begins at 5:45am and ends around 10:15pm. Usually by 8am I am working on school, with a PE break around 10am.
At noon we take a lunch break, and by 12:45 I am back doing school. Usually at 3pm I stop school and practice violin until 5pm. I then do any chores or help with dinner until 6pm.
From 6 to 7pm we eat and then pray the Rosary. After that I do any extra school or have free time until 8:30pm.
I then get ready for bed and read my school books for English and Honors World Literature until 10:15pm. That is the extent of my day.
3. What’s something you have done that you really enjoyed doing?
I really enjoyed when our family went to Philadelphia to see Pope Francis at the World Meeting of Families. It was so life changing being 15 ft. away from him as he drove by.
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
My hobbies and interests are: drawing, photography, writing poems, reading (and I mean lots), running, raising pigs, and training our German Shepherd puppy, Bella.
5. What are some things you do as a family and on your own that you particularly enjoy?
I particularly enjoy playing my violin. I have been playing the violin for 12 years, and it is such a joy just to be able to practice.
6. What do you hope to do in the future?
I hope to either go to Africa as a missionary or just stay in the US and be a chiropractor.