Student Profile: Mary St.Hilaire
1. What makes your family unique to other families you know?
My family has always enjoyed traveling. We have been to the Grand Canyon in Arizona, Bryce Canyon in Utah, the Mohave Dessert in California, and the rainy state of Washington, where we are originally from (We now live in Nebraska).
My siblings and I like to climb rocks, swim in lakes, and go exploring on these trips and we usually camp in our pop-up tent trailer instead of staying in hotels or motels.
2. What is an average homeschooling day with Seton like for you?
I have a schedule for my day, so I work on most of my subjects for a half hour up to an hour. We have our lunch break at noon and then we are back to school at 1pm, getting done around 3:30pm.
3. What’s something you have done that you really enjoyed doing?
Last summer my brother and I were in a play called “Flanagan’s Boys,” the story of Father Flanagan and his home for boys. I had a wonderful time playing a newsie, a boy who delivers newspapers, and I made many great friends.
4. What are your hobbies and interests?
I love to play the piano as well as figure skate, although I am not extremely good at it. I also participate in NCFCA speech and debate league every year, which has taught me how to speak eloquently and debate with the proper skills. I have also made quite a few good friends through it.
5. What are some things you do as a family and on your own that you particularly enjoy?
My family likes watching good movies together on Friday nights, especially old classics. I also like to write short stories and poems in my free time.
6. What do you hope to do in the future?
I hope to study music at college and hopefully become a piano teacher after I graduate.